Publicize your student organization or campus group in The Current.
Get your event on Current’s printed and online calendars by using
- the Organization/Department Information Form, or
- the Comment form on the Calendar page of www.longviewcurrent.org, or
- Facebook. If you post an announcement from a club page, Current will Share the announcement.
- After an event, use the Event Report Form to let us know what happened.
Current reporters are as pressed for time as other students at MCC, but we strive to cover and announce as many events as possible.
- Events: Events will be photographed as often as possible. More notice means more likelihood of coverage. We would like photos of the club going about its business, though, so let us know when we could photograph the most people.
- Group photos: You may have noticed that newspapers avoid traditional “team” photos – posed rows of large groups. In fact, we avoid all posed photos. We’ll try to photograph as many people as we can, probably in multiple candid shots. So you don’t need to arrange a formal portrait – just let us drop by and watch you do what you do.
No charge to MCC Departments and Student Organizations, subject to the following restrictions:
- Maximum size: Quarter Page, 4.917” x 6”, subject to reduction according to space needs.
- First-come, first-served, according to space needs.
- Ads may be dropped without notice, according to space needs.
- Click here for more information about advertising.